A brief story about abortion
Abortion has become a thing back again in our days. It has probably started from Alabama and now men..eh sorry I mean people, are talking about it in my country (Greece), too.
All these enlightening ideas and opinions that this cluster has filled our brains these days, filled my mind with emotions that I was not able to express. So as a defense, my mind created a fairytale.
Once upon a time, there was a woman living in a wooden hut in a thick and dark forest called Mutinese. Her hut was wet and her only source for heating were the wet logs that she gathered from the forest. She had a small garden with four chickens, a cow, and some vegetables.
She was dreaming of getting a horse to help her in the outdoor chores, but everyday struggles would always postpone her plans. This woman had a son. The little boy would walk 45 minutes every day to get to the bus station where he could pick up the bus and go to school.
This morning the tiny boy didn’t go to school. He stayed home to watch some TV, the weather was cold outside and the forest was dangerous. At noon he started feeling hungry, so he asked his mum to cook some chicken for him.
“We can’t have chicken today”, his mum replied without stopping chopping the log.
- But mum please, I want some chicken.
- No boy, I am too tired to cook today and we don’t have many chickens. We will eat spaghetti.
- But mum, please.
- I said no.
- Come on mum, I want chicken! Muuummmm!!!!
The tired woman did not reply. His insisting voice was pumping in her brain. She left the ax fall on the ground and walked to the fridge. She got two eggs and left them on the messy table.
- Will you make some soup? the little son asked in enthusiasm.
- No, I am going to fry some eggs for you.
- But mum, I said I want chicken! Eggs are not chicken mum! He fell on the floor screaming and crying.
- Oh right! the mum replied. “Eggs are not chicken”. That’s what I said to the priest back then when he was trying to convince me to keep the baby and told me that I was going to commit a crime.
If eggs are not a chicken to eat, aborting an embryo is not a human you kill.
It is your life.
It is your body.
It is patriarchy.
Take care of the mental food you accept in your mind.
We are all in this together.
End of story.