7 Steps For a New Beginning
You have reached to a point where you have realized that you can no longer follow. Not only it doesn’t serve you anymore, but you are wrecked. It ‘s been a while, or even a little bit longer since your body and soul have broken down like an old horse, who has been carrying heavy stuff for ages.
The good news is that your body and soul have broken down so as to defend you. They want, like a little child, to get your attention, they know that if they don’t get your attention, you are strong and you will continue doing what you know best. Serving others’ everyday and emotional needs, leaving yours behind, every day and forever till the end. No baby, your life wasn’t meant to be this way, this is an illusion you have made up, you were made to believe it, you got scammed. Your body and mind know that and are now protesting. You are lucky!
The blog I have created has only one purpose. To work for a new age of global philosophy where people work together for the world. You know, you can’t do this if you are wrecked, you can’t do this if you can’t work for yourself.
The fact that you are now here means that you need something. You know what this is, but let me tell you something. Accept that everyone around you suffers from problems and worries. There are no perfect lives, there are people who decide how they will react to these struggles. This is what I told to myself first, so please do not get offended with what I say.
The list I made is with total respect to people’s difficulties that have to do with depression and the fact that they can’t leave the place they now live etc. The solutions are totally free and they don’t demand life change. They are about people who want to start from somewhere. After you master these steps, compete for your new self and go further, you can’t go to 10 in one night, you need to accept this, you have to work, as all of us.
So let’s start!
- Drink Water. Sounds funny? Well, it isn’t, as many people around us don’t drink as much water as they need to. I didn’t! The point is that this step is not only about health issues. Yes, we do all know how much beneficial it is for our body. BUT! We need to realize the fact that we don’t drink water, WE ARE WATER. We are part of the water that flows all around us, that works with harmony everywhere. Allow this harmony get in your body, relax when you drink clean water and watch the flow all around you. It is in the sky, the rivers, the beautiful trees and all that goes back to Earth. Do not separate yourself from the magic, you are a part of it. I know, no one has ever told us that.
Do you know how much water we should all drink every day?
2. Read the Boron Letters. Gary Halbert was a top copywriter, a real legend to the world of copywriting and marketing. This is not what we now need from him though. He has made a brilliant gift to his son and later to all of us, having written to him 25 letters of life lessons, known as The Boron Letters. You can find them all in pdf, totally free on the internet. I had printed them so as to take notes on them, I recommend this. Read one letter every day, adapt some of these ideas in your daily life and be sure that you will feel motivated for a new simple start in your life.
3. Buy an agenda this September. Write down every day what you need to do. The most important thing and please listen to me, is to take it easy. Do not start writing all the things you have been postponing for months or years. Write one of them so as to do it and add things you already do so as to encourage yourself. Furthermore, add things that would bring pleasure in your life and you don’t do them. A good day list would be for example
- That fucking project (please change the name, because the noun fucking has negative karma I think )
- Reading 2 pages of a book
- Call my mum and tell I love her
- Walk 30 minutes
- Music while bathing
You have been postponing that fucking project for months (me, years), so don’t hustle to finish it this week! Take your time and tick it even if you did a little work today. The most important thing is an encouragement. When you master something, finish it or have managed to make it a habit, congratulate yourself as you would do for someone else and remove it from your list. Having an agenda makes your days of the year count.
4. Talk to yourself the way you do to others. I don’t know why we, most people, do this, but we would never speak to another person, the way we speak to ourselves. I mean, imagine if you ever told another person “You are lazy and fat..I expected that from you, you have never accomplished anything…..” and such private poetry. Imagine their reaction in their faces. Would you ever do this? If you did, fuck off bastard! Why do we hate ourselves? Would you ever say those things to another person? Please, speak politely to yourself, your mistakes were your lessons. Life has no guidebook when we arrive, we do things always for the first time. Especially the 20’s decade is the first decade away from home, we are thirsty and hungry for mistakes because we are thirsty for life and cool stuff. Basically, they are not mistakes, they are true lessons. Learn, don’t judge yourself. You were, you are and you will always be a beginner in some sections. Smile to yourself in the mirror, you only have yourself.
5. Take responsibility for your actions. Right before I mentioned talking politely to yourself. I don’t mean to take responsibility for your actions. The place you are today was the decisions you made in the past. Good or bad, still YOUR decisions. The earlier you take responsibility, the earlier you will manage things. Remember, when you blame someone for your actions, you give him total control of your life. If this person is a negative icon, you have embraced negativity in your life.
6. Write down on a shit of paper the 2 things you want to change in your character and put them in your agenda (you have bought this September, remember?)You will never realize how important this is until you finally do it. When we write things down, they no longer live in our brains. They move on a shit of paper, it is in front of our eyes and they have lost their strength. It can be something small, for example, I don’t wash my teeth before sleep. So I will put every day in my list!
- Call mum
- Music while bathing
- Brush my teeth before bed
When you repeat something for some time, it becomes a habit, so in some weeks, you will not have to write it down, as you will not be able to go to sleep without brushing your teeth. This is going to be the new you. Maybe you write down, I don’t exercise. Your tomorrow list will be like:
- Call mum
- Music while bathing
- Walk 20 minutes
Anyway, you decide that there will be on your list. What I need to highlight, is that the list must be easy to follow. If you overwhelm it (been there) you will quit for no reason.
7. Be a beginner, be a learner. That is THE ATTITUDE. Listen and read more than you speak. Take no shit but learn positive things. You simply can’t change if you do every day the same things and you learn nothing new. Stay alone and educate yourself, stay in peace and reconsider things. There is a myth that those with ego first are the strong ones, let’s change that with our paradigms.
All we want is to have peace inside. Whatever you do, let it be the best for you, the most peaceful. Do not listen to people’s advice, just because they are close to you. Be brave enough to take your own path. If you don’t take your lonely path, you will never know how magic you can be. We need sensitive people, those who don’t fit in, the bored ones, the dreamers. Be brave to start from zero again, you are not alone, we are a community from beginners who want a better and more patient world. Yes, we are the dreamers they laugh at, but the fact is that dreamers have changed this fucking world. Cheers.
I am Efi. I am a writer and I want to work for a new generation philosophy, where each one of us understands the power of his own mind. United we’ ll stand.